Everything is changing. Nonprofit leaders face a variety of challenges: new funder requirements, higher donor expectations, tighter budgets, complex social problems, generational clashes within our own staffs, increased competition for resources. Eller’s new NextGen Nonprofit Leadership Program offers certificate programs that will provide business skills to equip leaders to meet these challenges and lead organizations through an uncertain and changing context.
Innovative Approaches to the Business of Nonprofits
NextGen Leadership: Creating a Culture of Innovation, Trust and Empowerment
March 3, 2017 - YWCA of Southern AZ, 525 N. Bonita Ave.
- Co-facilitator Kelly Fryer, CEO, YWCA of Southern Arizona, and Stephen Gilliland, Executive Director Center for Management Innovations in Healthcare, Eller College of Management
What Program Managers Need to Know About Accounting and Finance
April 7, 2017 - Location TBD
- Co-facilitators Michael McDonald, CEO, Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona, and Heather Altman, Lecturer, Eller College of Management
- Co-facilitators Eric Schindler, CEO, Child and Family Resources, and Cindi Gilliland , Professor of Practice, Eller College of Management
- Leverage key business principles to strengthen your leadership and organization
- Learn how to cultivate resilience in your team with optimism and positivity
- Harness the power of innovation and engagement to drive adaptability and change
- Apply techniques used by successful entrepreneurs to enhance impact
- Sharpen your understanding of key financial information to drive more effective decision making
- Understand how to empower and engage your stakeholders
- Develop tools and solutions for your biggest challenges
Who Should Attend?
Mid-level nonprofit leaders in dynamic and challenging business environments represent the most typical program participant; in addition, senior and emerging leaders will also likely benefit from these business leadership concepts.
The cost for the Certificate Program is $500 per person. Organizations are encouraged to send multiple people, in order to achieve the biggest impact. The cost for two to four people from the same organization is $400 per person and for five to ten people the cost is $300 per person.
A maximum of 70 participants can attend, so register as soon as you can!
For participants who choose an a la carte approach, the cost of an individual session is $150 per person.
Register and pay by clicking the button below, which opens the registration website in a new window or tab:
For more information, email Cindi Gilliland at firstname.lastname@example.org.